Wednesday, January 21, 2009

episode 44: a new hope



I wish I could say I originated that title, but a search on the googles shows one other blogger on the planet had done it previously.

Worldwide reaction seems to be quite intense and favorable to our new President although the German newspaper "Bild" led with an analysis of his handwriting.

Their conclusion? Obama is harmonious, artistic, but he has "eine Schattenseite"... "a dark side". I guess the Germans know all about dark sides.

There are quite a few people in the world with the title "President" but very few came by it through any honest election process. I wonder how they feel about their own legitimacy while watching all this? A lot of internationals have felt that American democracy is a sham, but it's harder to say that after this result.

No comments: