Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Tempting Fruit

The peaches are here!


I had no idea what a real peach tasted like until I ate a warm one right off the tree. Words can't describe how good they are. A properly ripe peach is so juicy you almost need a straw. And the taste is so perfect you have to conclude the peaches they sell at the grocery store are just rocks painted to appear as such.

I wish I could give everyone a nice, tasty peach, but alas, I can only torment you with these pics from my back yard.





Peaches and cream... mmmmmm!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can ripen grocery store peaches in a paper bag on the counter until they're soft. Probably still not as good as right off the tree, though.

Robert said...

Yeah, I've tried that in the past. Some peaches do ok that way; a lot of them just go straight from rock to icky. I don't know why.