Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Jerry Falwell Dead



I think I know what gave him that cardiac arrest. He finally got to the part where Jesus says "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven." Or maybe it was the part where Jesus said "If you would be perfect, sell all your belongings and give the money to the poor."

I guess I'll remember Jerry Falwell most for affirming our free speech rights by losing his famous lawsuit against Hustler magazine over this parody ad.

Larry Flynt has a more nuanced opinion of Falwell.

Update: Don't miss Betty Bowers' eulogy

Other than that, I can't recommend much about him. Next time you hear someone say "the good die young", recall that he died at 77.

In memory of Jerry Falwell, I'll instead refer you to this charming Public Service Announcement.

WARNING - contains naked cartoon characters!



This is supposedly a french creation, but notice that all the signs in the backgrounds are in english and the cars have american plates. Actually it was animated in New Zealand, under director Wilfred Brimo.

And how about this commercial...



I doubt it's a genuine Hyundai ad. There's no such thing as a 45 second commercial.

No comments: