Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Rabbits defy Fibonacci



Well, this is sad. A government attempt to save the Columbia Basin Pygmy Rabbit failed when the last male in captivity died, apparently unable to "breed like rabbits" and completely disregarding the expectations that Fibonacci Numbers have placed on rabbitdom since the 13th century.

If our government scientists can't get rabbits to reproduce, what are the chances they'll ever figure out a way to shoot down incoming North Korean missiles or develop new sources of energy?

But I doubt I would do much breeding either, with some biologist in a lab coat noting my every move on his clipboard.

And the romance is probably ruined when you have to use a line like "my corner of the wire cage or yours?"

On the other hand I suppose there's a club in L.A. where people pay good money for that very experience.

No comments: